Hello

     Those of you who've known me pretty well for a decent amount of time know that I've had many blogs, often running three or four at once. A photography blog, a writing blog, a faith blog, a personal blog for people who only knew me online, a personal blog for people who knew me in real life, the list goes on and on. It was safe; I could show a different side of myself on each blog and tailor the audience. I could choose to be vulnerable on one blog, and not so vulnerable on another.

     In School of Ministry, one thing that I was really challenged on was the walls that I'd put up to protect myself. The walls that would determine which Sarah people would see and how much I was willing to expose myself. And in school, I began to slowly take down those walls and began to present a consistent, honest face wherever I was.

     Now, after school is over, I feel like this needs to continue, specifically here in my writing. My writing has always been personal to me and was something that I chose to hide from most of the world I knew. I could share it with complete strangers on my blog, but as soon as someone I actually knew in real life found it, I would freak out.

     Meraki is a step into being vulnerable, integral and real for me. It's a choice to show people the soul, creativity, love, me, that I put into my creative work and words. And I'm not going to lie, it's a little frightening. But that's okay; I'm told most growth is.

     What I've done is taken posts from my various blogs over the past three years and compiled a selection of them on here with the original dates, kind of as a portfolio if you will. Feel free to take a look through them if you wish; most of you probably haven't seen them. I'll continue to post on this blog when I have pieces of writing, photographs, God thoughts, or just something random to say. I'd love for you to be a part of this journey with me. It'll be real, and honest, and me. So grab a mug of something warm and a blanket and stay for awhile.

Comments