Hello (Again)

Oh my, it's been a while.

     This blog has been in the back of my mind for the past month or so, and every time I've thought of it, I've metaphorically buried my head under my pillow and yelled, "Five more minutes!" at whoever might be listening.

The truth, my friends, is this past year has been a stretching one.

One of new paths and closed doors.

One of belly laughs and heartache.

One of discovering more of who I am and feeling teared apart.

One of immeasurable highs and sinking lows.

     And I guess the truth is, I haven't felt much like writing. God was writing another chapter in my life, and writing about that just seemed too much to bear. It felt too raw and like I couldn't present anything in a pretty package with a bow on top. I didn't feel like I had anything to share, any truths to write, any pearl of wisdom. And the truth is, I still don't feel like I have a lot to offer. Life is a roller coaster right now, and I'm trying to keep my heart steady as we fly up and down the tracks.

     But it's that time of year when the trees are starting to turn pretty colours, and the air is getting a little brisk, and I'm pulling out my sweaters and my scarves and my boots. And I can feel that familiar writing itch starting to grow. So, for better or worse, I'm back. Because that's part of who I am, and there's only so long I can deny the writer inside me. Because writing is how I process life. It's one of the tools through which I'm able to make sense of the world. It's the language through which I can most easily speak.

     So hello again. It's been a while. How've you been?

Comments